Friday, August 26, 2005

Orion Rising

Its that time of the year now, when early in the morning,
just a little South of East, the Orion becomes visible.

I look at it, and understand, that it need not have been this way.
But there it is. An eternal hunter clothed in stars.

And in some rare moments when all the motions cease,
i forget for a while, my need to understand.

A thousand years ago, someone looked at it, and asked,
will you still be there, when all my journeys have come to naught?

I was born to this day, to be a witness to that unchanging answer.

A thousand years from now, i might look at it again,
through someone else's eyes, and feel the same.

With no words, no judgement, no intent and no assurance,
it says, I Am Here. Some things remain.

And it always does. For all who ask. This time of the year.
A little to the South of East. Early in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Topics

Bookmarks

MORE