Friday, March 24, 2006

Befuddling One's Self Methodically

Metaphysics is a mirage. It is the art of befuddling one's self methodically. Karl Ludwig Michelet. Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen. Lord, lord, lord. Protect me from the consequences of the above prayer. Amen. Douglas Adams. What one human being can be to another is not a very great deal; in the end everyone stands alone, and the important thing is, who it is that stands alone. Arthur Schopenhauer. He hadn't realized that life speaks with a voice to you, a voice that brings you answers to the questions you continually ask of it, had never consciously detected it or recognized its tones till it now said something it had never said to him before, which was "Yes". Douglas Adams. A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism. But depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion. For while the mind of man looketh upon second causes scattered, it may sometimes rest in them and go no further; but when it beholdeth the chain of them, confederate and linked together, it must needs fly to Providence and Deity. Francis Bacon. Sorry for the inconvenience. (God's final message to his creation). Douglas Adams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Topics

Bookmarks

MORE